They always say a wise person learns from their mistakes – but perhaps a really wise person will learn from the mistakes of others. So, before we go any further there are some hard won “Truths” about Internet Marketing you need to take on board:
- You won’t get rich by next Thursday – if someone tells you this, they’re lying.
- You can’t double your money every week – Warren Buffett can’t, neither can you.
- Nobody’s going to flood your PayPal account with money while you sleep.
- The “Gurus” don’t care about you – they just want your money. Sorry, but it’s true.
- There is no “Secret” formula that only a few people know, but is yours for a price!
- People will lie to you to get you to send them money.
- When honest people deal with dishonest people – the dishonest people always win.
- No “Sponsor” is going to do the work for you – there is no “free lunch”!
If your in-box is anything like mine you have probably flooded with “Get Rich Quick” type schemes. Please delete them – they are seriously not worth your attention. Really, they are not!
Think about it. If a stranger came up to you in the street and said “Give me £57 and I will double your money in a week” would you do it? I doubt it, and yet this is exactly what people do everyday on the Internet. No wonder the Internet is seen as a glorified ATM machine by some!
And I was guilty of the same mistake too! There was a part of my life where I desperately needed to make some extra money, and building an Internet business part-time seemed like the ideal way to do it. Probably safer than robbing a bank!
So I bought in to some of the quick, easy money, schemes. My credit card took a real hammering and someone else was getting access to their own ATM at my expense!
Fortunately, before this became terminal I got myself a real life education. I was able to see the error of my ways and start again on a path that stood a real chance of making some money. It is also a path that has integrity, a quality that I had tried to maintain throughout my business life – for me “selling my soul to the devil” was not an option.
I would encourage anyone looking to make money online to begin by getting themselves educated. It will save you so much money and emotional energy in the long run and will start you on a path that will be successful. Remember there are no ‘free lunches’; just a lot of hard work and study. Treat your business seriously and professionally and it will reward you.